Words on Waves Contest: SUBMIT!
Canada Wide Call Out
Attention poets, performers and storytellers
CKUT 90.3 FM Montreal and LitLive.ca are launching the Words on Waves, spoken word contest to showcase what you’ve got! Send us your work in mp3 audio format, or make an appointment with email@example.com to record your poem at ckut studio, or send us a text file and we’ll showcase the best from Montreal and Canada on the air and at a live event..
Here’s how it works:
The top 10 will be selected by the end of November, and showcased at Words and Music event on January 20th at Casa del Popolo.
Entrants must submit a recording of spoken word poetry or prose with the following guidelines:
- The text must have been written by the entrant(s).
- Team entries are allowed, in which case you should specify all the credits in the body of the email you send us.
- Music and other sound elements can be used to enhance the impact of the work.
- The entrant(s) must own all copyrights to the recording, and release them for CKUT to broadcast only during the course of this contest. At the end of the contest all rights revert to the entrant(s).
- The recording must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Song entries are not eligible for this contest.
- Entries can be sent in MP3 format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries will be judged weekly by a panel of writers and community broadcasters. Entries will be judged by a panel of writers and community broadcasters. All winning entries will be posted online and the public will be invited to vote for their favorites
Finalists will win prizes as yet unspecified, but which are likely to include fame, poetry and music related CDs, books, and feature performances at spoken word events.
- Contest is open to residents of Canada.
- Contest closed to employees of CKUT, editorial board members of LitLive, and panel judges.
- Entrants may submit up to 5 entries.
- Please include the name(s) of the artist(s), the title of the piece and your contact info in the body of the email. You should also include the following sentence: I am (We are) the owner(s) of the copyright in the enclosed audio file and release it to CKUT FM for rebroadcast or online reposting during their Words on Waves contest. Except in this context all rights to the work remain with the artist(s).